How can a remediation programme with Catch Up Kids assist my child?
At Catch Up Kids we address issues such as emotional coping, attention, planning, inhibition, memory, flexibility, self monitoring, time management, meta-cognition, problem solving, social skills and more.
- Meeting with the Catch Up Coordinator to discuss your child and how a catch up programme can assist your child.
- School observation and IEP meeting with the school and your Catch Up Supervisor.
- Workshop and Catch Up Programme Design – an experienced team of tutors are trained to meet your child’s individual needs. The programme itself is designed by the Catch Up supervisor.
- Recommendations are made for one on one sessions and/or school facilitation which may occur at home, at one of our Catch Up facilities, at school or in the community depending on the needs of each child.
- Monthly workshop evaluations and progress assessments with your child and the Catch Up tutors and/or monthly or bi-monthly IEP meetings.
Improve your child’s classroom skills and academic performance – catch up!
What do we do?
Catch Up Kids is a learning programme which addresses the individualised needs of learners who are struggling academically or falling behind in the classroom.
Each Catch Up Kids programme is tailor made to meet the specific needs of each individual learner.
By teaching children executive functioning skills such as emotional coping, planning, attention, time management, flexibility, meta-cognition, memory, problem solving, social skills and more, students are empowered to achieve academic excellence and to catch up with their peers.
Catch Up Kids has one goal – to produce confident and empowered learners who have all the necessary skills to keep up with the class and academic demands.
The programme aims to help your child:
1. Accelerate learning capabilities and Catch up!
2. Become a classroom expert and Catch up!
3. Improve academic performance and Catch up!
We are here to help teach empowering skills if your child is:
1. Falling behind in the classroom;
2. Attending a remedial school or bridging class at a mainstream school;
3. Struggling to keep up with the class;
Which children are eligible for the Catch Up Programme:
- Learners who are falling behind in the classroom
- Children who attend a remedial school or a bridging class at a mainstream school
- Playschool, nursery school and primary school learners who are struggling to keep up
- Children who meet all or some of the criteria listed in the questionnaire
When and where can my child receive Catch Up Services?
Extra lessons can be provided at your home, in the classroom and at school, in the community or at one of our Catch Up facilities. Please note that we charge for travel to home sessions. We work with our learners in block session of two to three hours at a time depending on the specific needs of each child and the scheduling availability of our expert remedial teachers. Extra lessons and workshops are provided during the week and on Saturdays. If you would like to sign up for our learning programme or submit a request, please complete the scheduling form and submit it to our Catch Up scheduler.
Johannesburg, Highlands North
96 6th Avenue, Highlands North, Johannesburg
80 Athol Street, Waverley, Johannesburg
Johannesburg, Highlands North
112 Athol Street, Highlands North, Johannesburg
72 Glenluce Drive, Douglasdale, Johannesburg
Cape Town, Sea Point
12 Grahams Road, Sea Point, Cape Town
14 Somerset Drive, Somerset Park, Durban
480 Kleineweide street, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria